Pirelli Moto have committed funds and support to 'Get On', the Motorcycle Industry Association campaign to get Britain biking. The company, which is part of Pirelli UK Tyres Ltd, is responsible for Pirelli and Metzeler motorcycle tyre brands in the UK.
The industry wide campaign, which promises to allow people from all over the UK to get on a motorcycle or scooter for the first time, is seen by Pirelli Moto as an important part of the diverse UK market. The company has class leading tyres for all machines including supersport, touring, commuting, off-road and scooters.
The Get On Campaign , which was launched to the trade and media one earlier this month, will promote motorcycling to a wider audience and ultimately give tens of thousands of people a first riding experience, through professional training centres across the UK. The initiative has the full backing of the UK's major motorcycle distributors including BMW, Kawasaki, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Piaggio, Suzuki and Yamaha. The campaign is designed to drive new enquirers to a website designed for the new to biking public and can be viewed at www.geton.co.uk
The Pirelli Moto - Get On partnership allows both the distributor and its dealers to demonstrate their support for the campaign through point of sale and promotional literature.
Steve Kenward, Motor Cycle Industry Association Chief Executive , commented; " It's very important that major brands such as Pirelli and Metzeler are backing the Get On campaign, it adds credibility to what the industry is doing- effectively looking for new blood and growing the market"
Gianmarco Spigolon , Director of Pirelli Moto UK , concurred, " We are fully supportive of the Get On Campaign- we all have to look to the future and not just our current bikers. It's a very forward-looking initiative and reflects our own philosophy of innovative marketing plus dealer support"
For more information on Pirelli and for high-resolution images please contact:
Harley Stephens email@example.com (Tel: 020 7940 1718 / Mobile: 07710 358836)
- Pirelli is the control tyre of the British Superbike (BSB) (2008-2010) and World Superbike (WSBK) Championships (2004-2012)
- Pirelli race activities help develop cutting edge road tyres Pirelli create tyres for every segment of motorcycling including supersport, sport touring, adventure, off-road and scooter products
- The Pirelli Diablo range of tyres have been developed as the ultimate road legal race bred tyres
- For more information on Pirelli products and activities visit www.pirellimoto.co.uk
- BSB specification tyres can actually be bought by any racer or track day rider from top tyre dealerships
- BSB is the most watched domestic motorcycle race series in the world
"Get On" Notes:
- Get On is a three year campaign to get the nation biking and is funded by a levy on every motorcycle and scooter sold in the UK by participating Get On manufacturers and dealers
- The official website www.geton.co.uk gives details of the companies who are supporting this campaign
- Riding taster sessions are free and details of where they can be taken are on the website
- A motorcycle, or scooter if preferred, riding jacket, gloves and helmet will all be available, free of charge, at the training centres offering the riding taster sessions
- Each taster session lasts for approximately one hour
- All riding is conducted in a safe environment and does not take place on main roads
- International non-profit organisation Riders for Health will be involved in elements of the PR campaign, which will be revealed as the campaign goes on
- Riders for Health saves lives in Africa by managing and maintaining motorcycles used in the delivery of health care and vital services to rural communities.
- For more information about Get On please contact: Jonathon Bates - firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7940 1700 / 07825 427461