METZELER is the technical partner of the first appointment of the 2019 edition of the World Enduro Super Series (WESS), the multi-discipline motorcycle championship for professionals and amateurs alike. Estabished in 2018 with the aim of combining today’s various competitive enduro formats, it is now in its second edition after what has been an incredibly successful debut season in the enduro world scenario.
The blue elephant brand on 10 May 2019 in Portugal, on the TOYOTA PORTO EXTREME XL LAGARES, will be present with its own racing vendor in the paddock and will offer all participating riders, be they professionals or amateurs, the possibility to buy MCE Six Days Extreme tyres, in the 140/80 - 18 Soft or Super Soft rear versions and 90/90 – 21 standard or hard front versions, to be combined with soft and medium mousses.
The World Enduro Super Series (WESS), run by WESS Promotion GbmH, is a premium offroad championship that combines many of the world’s most well-established and supported enduro events and annually crowns the ultimate enduro champion. The series includes Hard Enduro, Classic Enduro and Cross-Country style events, where all enduro athletes are free to compete on their preferred make and size of motorcycle. All events retain their unique spirit and regulations, and remain 100% independent, with a uniformed point system applying to all events.
The 2019 edition currently includes eight scheduled appointments:
1) TOYOTA PORTO EXTREME XL LAGARES - Portugal, 10th May (Hard Enduro)
2) TRÈFLE LOZÉRIEN AMV - France, 17th May (Classic Enduro)
3) ERZBERGRODEO RED BULL HARE SCRAMBLE - Austria, 30th May (Hard Enduro)
4) HIXPANIA HARD ENDURO - Spain, 21st June (Hard Enduro)
5) RED BULL ROMANIACS - Romania, 30th July (Hard Enduro)
6) HAWKSTONE PARK CROSS-COUNTRY – Great Britain, 21st September (Cross-Country)
7) BR2 ENDURO SOLSONA - Spain, 5th October (Classic Enduro)
8) GETZENRODEO - Germany, 2nd November (Hard Enduro)